- PG&E Scholarship. Due February 5th. $1,000-$10,000 Scholarships available. Two Types: The Better Together STEM Scholarships and the PG&E Employee Resource Group Scholarship.
See website for more information as to eligibility and requirements: https://pge.com/scholarships.
- The “Italian Catholic Federation” Due March 15th. $400.00 Scholarship.
Requirements: Have at least a 3.2 Cumulative GPA, be a member of the Roman Catholic church or Federation, be of Italian descent. See website for more information: www.icf.org or call 1-888-423-1924.
- (Details posted in January) California Association of Collectors Educational Scholarship Foundation (CACESF). Due March 30 and submitted online at cacesf.org where you will find all instructions. CACESF is a 501c3 organization that provides scholarships to California high school students who demonstrate an understanding of sound financial and credit management.First place winners will receive $2,500, second place winners will receive $2,000, and third place winners will receive $1,500.To apply, students must submit an original essay on the following topic: The importance of establishing and maintaining good financial credit during your college years. All applications must be submitted online at cacesf.org. The online application will open January 2, 2017 at cacesf.org and the deadline to submit is March 30.
1. 2018-2019 Visionary Scholarship Program. Received by May 1, 2018. Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000, one-time only. To apply:
- Visit the Registration Page to begin the application process: http://americancollegefoundation.org/college_planning/register.aspx
You will receive an Application Packet within two (2) weeks from the time you register.
- Complete The ACF Visionary Scholarship Application
- A copy of your most recent unofficial high school transcript
- a 500-word, typed, double-spaced essay on “Why College is Important to Me.”
Send completed application to:
American College Foundation
955 Massachusetts Ave. #525
Cambridge, MA 02139-3233
Email: Admin@AmericanCollegeFoundation.org OR Fax: 617-395-6743 for express submissions
MANY BUT NOT ALL of the following scholarships will use the LHS Common Application Form found online at the LHS website or you can pick the application up from Ms. Meschery. However, look at the information closely as some will require their own application form and ancillary materials.
- Rotary Club of Loyalton 2018 Scholarship Competition. Applications Due Thursday, February 15th with Interviews held on Thursday, March 1. Three scholarships of $1,000, including the Emily Wilbanks Scholarship and the Dick Wiggins Community Service Scholarship. Give complete scholarship packet to Ms. Meschery or Mr. Jones to pass on to Rotary. Packet Requirements:
• LHS Common Scholarship Application
• An official, sealed, current academic transcript from Loyalton High School that includes a list of courses in progress for the spring semester.
- Liberty Utilities Scholarship. Application Due February 28th. $500 Scholarship. Give Ms. Meschery or Mr. Jones completed application form to pass on to scholarship committee. Requirements:
• LHS Common Scholarship Application
• Live in within Liberty Utilities’ service territory
• Must have an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Must be accepted to an accredited 4-year or 2-year university or college, or an accredited vocational school
• Must have some community service experience within the community which they reside.
- The Graeagle Lions Club. Due March 1. $500 scholarship to students planning on attending a junior college or a vocational school and preferably pursuing a career in the trades (although not mandatory). Turn in completed Common Application to Ms. Meschery or Mr. Jones by March 1.
- Plumas-Sierra REC Scholarship. Due March 16th. Essay topic: “With access to broadband expanding rapidly in our region, what measures could we take as a community to help others use this new connectivity to improve education, health care and agriculture, as well as transform their businesses?” To access application and other information, please go to the following link: http://www.psrec.coop/downloads/2018%20scholarship%20app.pdf
- Local SPTA (Sierra-Plumas Teachers Association) Scholarship. Due March 12. Two at $500 between both LHS and DHS.
• Loyalton High School or Downieville High School senior with cumulative/weighted GPA of 3.0 or better
• Demonstration of leadership through school activities, community service and/or participation in athletics.
Application: Mail the following to Camille Alfred, SPTA President, c/o Loyalton High School, P.O. Box 37, Loyalton, CA 96118
• LHS or DHS Common Scholarship Application, attached
• Official transcript
• One letter of recommendation from a current or former SPJUSD teacher.
- The John C. Bechen Scholarship. Submitted to Mr. Jones no later than March 26th. Typically $1,000 to one or more students.
• “All around students who have superior scholastic records and who are involved in extra-curricular activities.”
• LHS Common Application
• Official Transcript
APRIL DEADLINES (Pending updates from scholarship organizations):
- Plumas-Sierra County Farm Bureau Scholarship. Due April 15. Up to $1,000, renewable up to four years. Scholarship is based on scholastic achievement, career goals, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills, written application and interview or conference call.
Qualifications: Applicants must meet ONE of the following: 1. Be an immediate family member of a current Plumas_Sierra County Farm Bureau Member. 2. Be a graduate of a Plumas or Sierra County High School that will be majoring in agriculture.
Requirements: 1. Submit the completed application form to the Plumas-Sierra County Farm Bureau by April 15; 2. Submit two letters of recommendation, which include information about the applicant’s character, ability, and how they will benefit from this scholarship and a college education; 3. Official high school or college transcripts need to be submitted along with the application; 4. Must have an overal cumulative G.P.A. of 2.50 or better; 5. Applicant must enroll as a full-time student (12 units) at a college/university, junior college or trade school; 6. Applicant must be willing to appear for a personal interview or have a telephone conference call with the Plumas-Sierra County Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee.
MAIL APPLICATION TO: PLUMAS-SIERRA COUNTY FARM BUREAU, PO BOX 35, LOYALTON, CA 96118.
- Plumas Sierra CattleWomen Scholarship. Due to committee on April 17. Amounts and award numbers are determined after all applications are reviewed.
Requirements: See Ms. Meschery for application, qualifications and requirements details. Send complete application to: Pat Ramelli, PO Box 429, Loyalton, CA 96118.
- Plumas-Sierra Cattlemen’s Scholarship. Due to committee on April 17. Amounts and award numbers are determined after all applications are reviewed. Requirements: See Ms. Meschery for application, qualifications and requirement details. Send complete application to: Pat Ramelli, PO Box 429, Loyalton, CA 96118.
- Joan Morgan Memorial Scholarship. Due April 24th. $500. Turn in all required information to Mr. Jones.
1. Be attending a 2-year, 4-year or trade school after graduation.
2. Have at 2.0 GPA
1. LHS Common Application
2. Copy of Transcript
- Sierra County Employee Association 2017 Scholarship. Due Date: May 1, 2016. $250
1. LHS Graduate. You do NOT need to be attending college or post-secondary school in the fall.
1. Submit a 250-500-word essay on the following topic: “Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why.”
Please send essay with your name and address to the following address:
Sierra County Employee Association Attn: Tessa Jackson P.O. Box 8 Downieville, CA 95936
- Sierra Valley Roping Club Scholarship. Due May 1. Up to $1,500 at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
Qualifications: Must be a resident of Sierra County or Plumas County, be majoring in an Agricultural Field OR be a member of a family deriving its income from agriculture OR Roping Club Member.
Requirements: 1. Submit completed application by May 1, 2017; 2. Be enrolled as a full-time student at a university; 3. Junior college or trade school for the 2017-2018 academic year; 4. Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher; 5. Submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher or community member. Letters from family members will not be accepted; 6. Submit official high school OR college transcripts in a sealed envelope with the official seal; 7. Applicant must be willing to appear for a personal interview with the Sierra Valley Roping Club Scholarship Committee.
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION TO SVRC SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE, ATTN: CALI GRIFFIN, PO BOX 324, SIERRAVILLE, CA 96126.
See Ms. Meschery to pick up the application information.
- Joe Runge Memorial Scholarship. Due May 1. $100 or more depending on number of applicants.
Qualifications: Must have participated in LHS athletics for two years or more.
Requirements: LHS Common Application turned in to Mr. Jones no later than May 1.
- Leonard H.A. Franz Scholarship offered by the Plumas Association of Realtors. Must be received by May 1. $500.
• 40% on academic record • 10% on community service • 10% on work experience (paid or unpaid)
• 10% on school activities • 10% on personal statement • 20% on member of a PAR REALTOR® family(not mandatory for consideration).
Ask Ms. Meschery for application form and information.
- The Kenneth Alexander Memorial Scholarship. Postmarked by May 2. $500.
• Common Application
• Official Transcript
• Letter of recommendation from one teacher
Mail all materials to: Chris Alexander, P.O. Box 822, Loyalton, CA 96118
- Loyalton Booster Club Athletic Scholarship, due May 5th. Scholarship award numbers and amounts will be determined by scholarship committee after due date.
Download (PDF, 99KB)
1. Complete application
2. Letter of recommendation from a coach
3. Write a short (2-3) paragraph essay on the following subject: “Why I deserve the scholarship and how my parents and I helped with the Booster Club.” (See attached details).
4. 2.0 minimum GPA
5. All eligible applicants will be notified for an interview.
- LMS Sports Club Scholarship, due May 5 for TWO $1,000 scholarships, one for a student attending a four-year college and one for a student attending a junior college or trade school. See Ms. Meschery or Mrs. Osburn for application. Turn in all required information to Mr. Jones.
1. Been a student for at least 1 year at Loyalton Middle School and played at least one sport.
2. Be a student at LHS and have played at least one sport per year for four years at LHS.
1. Submit completed application to committee by May 5th. Winners will be announced at senior banquet.
2. have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
3. Submit two letters of recommendations, one from a teacher and one from a coach.
4. Submit official high school transcript in a sealed envelope with official seal.
5. Submit sports resume with names of his/her coach(s) and what sport you played at LMS and LHS.
6. Applicants must be willing to appear for a personal interview with the Loyalton Sports Club Scholarship Committee.
- The William Rouse Memorial Scholarship, due May 8th will give two $1,000 grants, one for a student attending a trade school or community college and one for a student attending a four-year college or university. The scholarship will be given to Loyalton High School graduates who embodies the character and core values that once Sierra County Superintendent Bill Rouse possessed: a deep love of education, the belief that every student can succeed given the right tools; a commitment to hard work and a resiliency to continue forward in pursuit of a goal in the face of struggle. Please turn in all scholarship requirements to Mr. Jones.
Must be a senior at Loyalton High School
Must be accepted to an accredited 4 year college program, 2-year college program, or an accredited vocational school
Must have some community service experience within the community they reside.
Requirements (All required materials due to Mr. Jones by Monday, May 8, 2017):
1. Submit the Loyalton High School Common Application.
2. Copy of your official transcripts
3. Copy of your activities resume
4. One page essay of your goals, why they are important to you and your plan of attack towards achieving them.
- Sagebrush Ranch Horse Association Scholarship. Returned directly to email@example.com by midnight, May 8. Up to $500. Get application from Ms. Meschery or Ms. Osburn
1. Be a 2016 or 2017 graduate of a Sierra County high school.
2. Be majoring in an Agricultural Field OR be a member of a family deriving its income from agriculture.
1. Completed application form
2. Official high school transcript displaying an overall cumulative G.P.A. of 2.50 or higher.
3. Must enroll as a full-time student (12 units) at a college/university, junior college or trade school.
4. Applicant must be willing to appear for a personal interview or have a telephone conference call with the Sagebrush Ranch Horse Association Scholarship Committee.
5. Submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher or community member. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
- Edna Gottardi Scholarship. Due May 9. $500.00. Award will be distributed after one semester or quarter college grades are sent to scholarship committee along with proof of enrollment for the next semester/quarter. Submit application to Mr. Jones.
1. LHS Common Application
- Sierra Valley Grange Scholarship. Due May 10. Two scholarships of amounts yet to be determined. Turn in completed application to Mr. Jones.
1. Graduate of LHS to enroll in a 2-year, vocational or 4-year school post high school.
2. Demonstrated a high level of commitment to FFA, 4H or Grange.
1. LHS Common Application.
- Sierra Valley Gun Club Scholarship. Due May 19th. $500. Award will be distributed after one semester or quarter college grades, showing a minimum of 2.5 GPA and no less than 12 units taken, are sent to the committee along with proof of enrollment for the next semester/quarter.
1. Be a member or have an immediate family member in good standing with the Sierra Valley Gun Club
2. Be a high school senior
1. Submit the
Download (DOCX, 86KB)to the Sierra Valley Gun Club Scholarship Committee by May
19, 2017. Send to: SVGC, PO Box 399, Portola, CA 96122.
2. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a coach or counselor.
4. Submit official high school transcript in a sealed envelope with the official seal.
5. Applicant must be willing to appear for a personal interview with the scholarship committee.