National and State Scholarships
- Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Award. The 2019 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
• The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2019 competition.
• Male and female students compete separately.
• Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university. Application due November 15, 2018. For information on how to apply, go to the Elks National Foundation website at: https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm
• Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
• Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
• High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
• Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Comcast Leaders and Achievers Award. $2,500 annually, non-renewable. Due date is December 1, 2018. The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship is awarded based on the student’s academics, leadership abilities in school activities or through work experiences and strong commitment to community involvement. Students are not required to subscribe to Comcast cable or internet services in order to be eligible for a scholarship. All scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of February. The award will be sent by the end of June to the recipient’s home address. The check will be made payable to the recipient’s chosen school.
• For information on how to apply, go to the